Saturday, May 10, 2014

Tribute

Yesterday I was driving past General Hospital when I came upon this scene. I had heard on the radio that there had been another accident on Loma Vista in Beverly Hills that afternoon, with a police officer killed. Reviewing the video, it looks like at least 20 police cars, as well as four or more fire engines, and two police helicopters in the sky. I had not considered that the Coroners' office was there, and that there would be a turnout like this there.


I know I usually only have posts here when someone is breaking a road rule or making a dangerous or inconsiderate move, and with the law only when they're going outside the law, but for this I'll make an exception. I really do usually respect and appreciate the work of the local police.

The only call out I'll give here is that watching on the news last night, it sounds like the residents on this street had been complaining about big trucks on this street for a while. Maybe now someone will listen. There has now been a 30 day moratorium on big trucks put into effect.

No comments: